Pretzels and potato chips are two of the most common snack items for Americans, and it’s been that way for several decades now.
Which is better? Well, that might depend on individual preference. However, we’d say the consensus is that pretzels absolutely demolish potato chips by a wide margin.
Here’s why . . .
Contrasting Pretzels & Potato Chips
These are the main substantive differences between pretzels and potato chips.
- How They’re Made
- Pretzels begin with a yeast dough that you would boil in salt water, then bake. The traditional kind would involve tying them in a knot before baking. After they bake we break them into pieces so that the flavoring sticks better.
- Potato chips come from thin-sliced, deep-fried potatoes with a copious volume of added salt.
- Hard pretzels have a crispy and crunchy texture, and their appearance varies depending on the brand. Our beer-inspired craft pretzels have a simple, small, fun, and manageable shape. The pieces also ensure that our flavorings end up on the pretzel, not the bottom of the bag! You can either take one at a time or grab a handful and enjoy them all the same.
- Potato chips are thin, crispy, and flat. After you’ve eaten a few of them, you’ll have greasy hands.
- They’re usually at least somewhat salty and come in several flavors nowadays. Some folks even coat them with chocolate. In the next section, we’ll share some of our terrific Boardwalk flavors. They have a big, bold crunch.
- Potato chips have many flavors as well. They tend to be thin and do not have the same satisfying crunch or feel of a pretzel.
- Nutritional Content
- Pretzels are usually healthier than most potato-chip brands. Most will have at least some dietary fiber.
- Potato chips offer plenty of sodium and calories.
Skip Potato Chips - Enjoy Beer-Inspired Craft Pretzels from Boardwalk Food Company
The other problem with potato chips is that you usually get nothing but a boring “plain” flavor or some other poor option like “salt and vinegar.” At Boardwalk Food Company, we fix that problem by offering four vibrant flavors of our beer-inspired craft pretzels: Sweet & Spicy Sriracha, Beer Cheese, Pilsner, and IPA.
We combine the crispy crunch of a pretzel with unique flavors that pair perfectly with craft beer. They’re great for all ages, so you can get them to fill your family’s snack pantry. They come in convenient packs of 4, 8oz pretzels or 6, 4oz bags.
You can get several combinations of our four beer-inspired craft pretzels when you shop around our merchandise at Boardwalk Food Company.
If you’re a brewery or bar owner and you want your patrons to buy snacks from you (rather than bring junk food inside), then this is a must-have. Let us know if you want to know about our wholesale program.
Contact us anytime to find out how you can replace those greasy potato chips with tasty craft pretzels.